On Wednesday evenings at 7:30 PM, our midweek Bible study group meets in Augusta, at the home of Ann and Rick Stocker. This winter we will be looking at the Book of Hosea, a Love Story.
We will have our next First Sunday Fellowship lunch on Sunday, July 7. Bring something to share, if you wish, and plan to join us for a time of good food and fellowship! There always is plenty of food!
As snowy and icy roads arrive, please remember the following things:
1. If you feel the roads are unsafe for travel, please stay home! Sing a hymn or two, offer a prayer, perhaps listen to one of our sermon recordings online at www.livinghopemaine.org.
2. LHPC almost always has a morning service at our usual 11AM hour at the church building. If you can make it there safely, you will find someone to worship with when you arrive.
3. We commonly cancel Sunday School classes, the midweek Bible study, Evening worship and other church activities if the roads are unsafe or if weather predictions indicate likely problems for travelers. If we know you are likely to come to one of these events we will try to contact you. But usually the weather itself is the best indicator.
4. If in doubt about whether an event will be happening, please call Gordon on his cell phone (207.837.9300) before setting out.
5. Most importantly, stay safe and drive safely on the slippery roads of a Maine Winter.
Sunday School meets at 10:00 AM with classes for all ages.
Adults (meeting upstairs) – Ephesians
Youth (grades 6 – 12, meeting in the downstairs fellowship area) – Identity & Purpose
Elementary (meeting in the downstairs nursery) – Worshiping God
Preschool (meeting in the upstairs nursery) – God’s Family
We share driveways and parking lots with our neighbors, and, especially now that the weather is warming up, children may be in and out of the church building, as well as adjacent buildings. Please drive slowly and carefully in the parking lot and in all areas near the church. We want everyone to be safe! Thanks!
If you wish to donate to the OPC Disaster Response Fund for victims of Hurricane Harvey, go to the OPC website, www.opc.org, or make a check payable to: Orthodox Presbyterian Church, designate on the check: Hurricane Harvey, and mail to:
- The Committee on Diaconal Ministries
- Orthodox Presbyterian Church
- 607 N. Easton Rd., Bldg. E
- Willow Grove, PA 19090-2539
Thank you to all who collected food for the Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program's food drive and to Deacon Cal Frink for making the delivery of 5 boxes filled with food!